Skip to content
- Central Nervous System : Motor activity, behavioral changes, coordination, sensory/motor reflex responses and body temperature functional observation battery (FOB) , modified Irwin’s test
- Cardiovascular System : Blood pressure, heart rate, electrocardiogram, QT interval in telemetered animals. In vitro QT interval prolongation ( hERG )
- Respiratory System: Respiratory rate and other measures of respiratory function (tidal volume, or hemoglobin oxygen saturation, etc)
- Central Nervous System : Behavioral pharmacology, learning and memory, ligand-specific binding, neurochemistry, visual, auditory and/or electrophysiology examinations, etc.
- Cardiovascular System : Cardiac output, ventricular contractility, vascular resistance, the effects of endogenous and/or exogenous substances on the cardiovascular responses, etc.
- Respiratory System : Airway resistance, compliance, pulmonary arterial pressure, blood gases, blood pH, etc.
- Renal/Urinary System : Effects of the test substance on renal parameters (urinary volume, specific gravity, osmolality, pH, fluid/electrolyte balance, proteins, cytology) and blood chemistry determinations (blood urea nitrogen, creatinine and plasma proteins)
- Autonomic Nervous System : Effects of the test substance on the autonomic nervous system (binding to receptors relevant for the autonomic nervous system, functional responses to agonists or antagonists in vivo or in vitro, direct stimulation of autonomic nerves and measurement of cardiovascular responses, baroreflex testing, and heart rate variability).
- Gastrointestinal System : Effects of the test substance on the gastrointestinal system (gastric secretion, gastrointestinal injury potential, bile secretion, transit time in vivo, ileal contraction in vitro, gastric pH measurement and pooling).
- Other Organ Systems